Happy New Year, y’all!! The past couple of days have been filled with last minute packing and I feel like such a procrastinator, but we did it! The movers are coming in a few hours to take all our things, so this upcoming week we’ll be sleeping on the floor old-school Korean style. Tomorrow we’ll be celebrating Deacon’s 3rd birthday, and I didn’t want to miss out on Devyn’s 4 month post so I’m posting a bit early 😉
December has been a whirlwind, and here we are two days into 2016, preparing for our move back down this Friday. I’ll be flying down with both kiddos and David will be driving down with his brother (please pray for them as the road conditions are pretty icy/snowy). Reflecting on this last year, it’s made me all the more grateful for God’s gracious provisions. 2013-2014 were some of the roughest years I’ve had to face, so 2015 was a welcomed change. Although filled with much uncertainty, it taught me to trust in His leading. We’ve had many brothers and sisters on our side, partnering with us and praying over us—we are so grateful and thankful for each and every one of you. Our time spent in Seattle + The Well has been magical and challenging all at the same time, and I’m forever grateful for the lessons God has taught our family during our time here.
I’m also thankful that God has made a way for both David and I to follow our passions—for David, to return to full-time ministry and for myself, to restart Jane Events, as well as to stay home with my little ones. Devyn has been the sweetest addition to our family, and I’ve really enjoyed the transition from newborn to infancy. I’m trying to slow down and appreciate each day as it comes~
Highlights from month 4:
- On Christmas Eve, you slept from 9pm-3am. On Christmas night, you slept from 9pm-4am. I told myself this was your Christmas gift to your mama 😉
- You are getting very vocal. I hear you saying “umma” in your cries, and even your dad can attest to this.
- You celebrated your 100th day with major stranger danger. It’s a hit or miss…some days you’re great with people and some days you’re not.
- We also celebrated your papa’s 32nd birthday with a surprise party at your baekil. We are so thankful for everything he does for our family!
- We took a family trip to Leavenworth and you saw snow for the first time + your big bro had so much fun tubing and building a snowman.
- You celebrated your first Christmas/New Year in Seattle.
- Mama’s hair has been falling out like crazy—I thought I dodged it this time, but I kid you not the day after your 100th day, it started falling out like clockwork 🙁
Happy 4 months, baby girl!! Can’t wait for what 2016 has in store for us~