Can’t believe we’re in June you guys!! We’re approaching our 6 month mark since our move down from Seattle and life has been a whirlwind. Last month was so crazy I didn’t have time to write up my eight month post for Devyn so I’m having a hard time remembering all of her milestones. David is currently prepping for his two week missions trip next month, and I’m a little nervous to be home alone with the kiddies without him. Please pray for us (especially David as he leads his missions team)!! This means lots of play dates and outings with my little ones while he’s gone to help pass the time. Feel free to holler if you want to play with us 😉
We’ve made great strides in working with Deacon and I’m so proud that this little guy is fully potty trained now! It was the cause of some major stress in our household, but I knew he’d eventually get it when he was ready. The major motivation was that the summer camp he’s enrolled in wouldn’t accept children who aren’t fully potty trained, and man who knew it would be such a process? From the training toilet to the real one to what do we do when we’re out in public?? Thankfully, he got it and I couldn’t be prouder of him.
We’re also planning a mini family vacay before David leaves for his missions trip, and I’m planning a solo trip with both kids to the Bay Area to visit some friends. I’m super excited because the last time I went up north was to celebrate our 1st wedding anni. I’m also trying to find snippets of time to plan Devyn’s 1st birthday here and there, but it’s taking a lot longer than I anticipated. A part of me would rather go on a private vacation with my family to get away and decompress, but I think I’d regret it later on…what do y’all think??
Some month 9 highlights of our baby girl:
- We celebrated Mother’s Day as a mama of two and feeling super blessed to have my little babes.
- Your papa took you to your 8 month appointment (it was supposed to be a belated 6 month, but we procrastinated…oopsie). You weighed in at 18lbs. 10oz. and are 28 1/4in. tall.
- You are one active little lady! You are sitting up unassisted, crawling everywhere around the house with a purpose, especially getting into your big bro’s toys (which he doesn’t seem to appreciate…yikes, but he’s learning to share and be better about it~).
- You’re pulling yourself up and love, love to hold mama’s hands to stand on your itty bitty feet! Deacon was nowhere near as active as you are at this age and he’s quite the rambunctious one now so we joke about how we’re afraid of what you’ll be like as a toddler…yikes again.
- You’ve been learning all those fun Korean baby tricks taught by Grandpa Ahn and it’s too cute to see you learning and growing~
- You sure do love eating your solids~ avos, broccoli, carrots, beets, sweet potatoes, squash, peas, pears, apples, and bananas.
- We dropped your night feeding so you’re drinking your mama’s milk 4x a day and solids 3x a day. I can’t wait to be done with the pumping, but I know I’ll miss playing a role in your growth and nutrition.
- You still have no teeth 🙁
- We celebrated Grandpa & Grandma Ahn’s birthdays + your buddy Heather’s birthday this month with lots of birthday cake!
Thanks to my buddy Joshie for letting me borrow your clothes 🙂
Look of pure happiness or mischief??
I love going to 1st birthday parties!
Yay I got to play with Auntie PP!
Grandpa Ahn turned 74 and Grandma Ahn turned 66. We’re so blessed to have them around~
Happy 9 months to my baby girl!!
Next week marks my first wedding of the 2016 season and I have a pretty fantastic team of assistants who will be by my side. I can’t wait for my brides & grooms to meet them as well~ Hope y’all are staying cool in this heat wave!